This is a combined four-day course on subsea math and subsea schematics and interpretation of subsea schematic diagrams related to BOP stack operations for enhanced and effective troubleshooting and maintenance skills.
This course is open to subsea personnel working as trainees, assistant subsea and subsea engineers, drilling superintendents, well site leaders, and drilling engineers dealing with subsea drilling operations.
Recommended Prerequisites: Subsea 101 for Drilling Contractors and Operators is recommended.
Objective: To provide students the knowledge base and intuitive skill sets needed to understand and interpret schematic diagrams accurately; through visual animated graphic presentations, hands-on lab exercises, and correlation with relevant real world OEM BOP stack and associated control systems.
The following topics will be covered during the training:
- Symbols Recognition
- Understanding and using Test and Measuring Equipment
- Understanding Hydraulic Valves
- Schematic Reading & Interpretation
- Schematic Case Studies - OEMs
- Conventional Control Systems
- Multiplex Control Systems
- Emergency Control Systems
- The Impact of Hydrostatic Pressure
- Determining Accumulator Volumes
- Risers and Riser Tension Calculations
An end of course exam administered.
Subsea Solutions state-of-the-art training center offers a multi-sensory approach to learning by utilizing 3D graphics, 3D models and animations.
Group classes are available by request and any Subsea Solutions courseware can be customized to create a tailored training package.
This course qualifies for our Loyalty Rewards Program.